About the position:
Business development representatives (BDRs) are responsible for identifying marketing opportunities for companies in the industrial manufacturing marketplace. This is an entry level position. The work revolves around qualifying companies—and moving them closer to realize the marketing opportunities we have to offer until they are ready to talk to account executives. This two-step system enables the BDR and account executives to focus on the steps in this process. The BDR job role is an opportunity to learn what works in developing a marketing program and a gateway to eventually becoming an AE once the BDR learns the industry and develops their skills. Equipped with well-researched information about target prospects and our company, BDRs build a solid understanding of the industry and the process to spark meaningful conversations. The BDR spends much of their time researching and reaching out to potential clients to present and explain our marketing opportunities. This is an inside sales job.
- Understand and present the industrial marketing concepts relevant to our target companies
- Present our company’s products and services within the context of the target company's goals.
- Generate opportunities and build relationships by developing relationships based on our solutions
- Manage and maintain contact with executives for the next steps
- Identify best practices to maximize opportunities
- Utilize CRM database for contact through direct calling and email to generate new opportunities
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and executives
- Report to a manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- Strong computer skills and database knowledge
- Proven creative problem-solving approach, strong analytical skills, proficiency with basic tech-stacks such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Strong desire and ability to move up within the organization
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation will be determined based on education and experience. Work status may be part-time or full-time, depending on availability. Employee benefits for full-time workers include health insurance and an employer-matched 401k investment program. This position will be considered for bonus payments.
IQS is an industry leader for digital marketing services that specialize in North American manufacturing. Our expertise has provided thousands of companies with top search engine placement producing considerable results since 2000. We own and operate several hundred highly ranked websites and specialize in the following internet-based marketing fields:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Advertising
- Content Development
- Website Design and Development
- eCommerce Systems Development
- Conversion Rate Optimization
Our team includes leaders in the field of industrial marketing and search engine optimization technologies. The SEO industry changes and evolves frequently to the search engine algorithms and provides for an engaging and exciting career. This is a great company where you can gain valuable experience, learn from others, and reach your potential.