Electric transformers are inductively coupled electro-magnetic devices that transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another. All electronically operated equipment depends on power transformers to convert electrical currents into voltages that fit a specific application, and current transformers are also required in order to store and transport energy through power lines and grids.
Johnson Electric Coil Company
Johnson Electric Coil Company is a family owned manufacturer that specializes in custom transformers and inductors. From three phase isolation transformers to single phase autotransformers, we carefully design our products to meet your exact specifications. Our experienced engineers are available to assist during every step of the process. Let Johnson make a great transformer for you!
For over 50 years, Triad Magnetics has been designing & manufacturing electric transformers for a wide range of industries. In Triad's standard product line, they have over 1,000 part numbers, which means you are most likely to find what you`re looking for. Whether you need switchmode, wall plug-in, inductors or audio transformers, Triad Magnetics either has it in stock or they can custom design.
Quality Transformer & Electonics
Quality Transformer and Electronics is the leading manufacturer of custom electric transformers, serving some of the most renowned Fortune 500 companies as well as small businesses. We are dedicated to quality and guarantee that, from the design stage to completion, our transformers are built to the highest standards. Let us meet your transformer needs today. Visit us online for more details.
Houston Transformer Company
Houston Transformer Company has been producing electric transformers since 1969. Custom transformers are our area of expertise but we also specialize in products that are designed to operate at high temperatures above 450°F. Our capabilities range from miniature devices to items that weigh hundreds of pounds; our machining department can cut and finish brackets and enclosures to protect any item.
Lenco Electronics, Inc.
Lenco Electronics, Inc. specializes in a wide variety of custom electric transformers. Lenco's success has not come about by accident, but by providing its customers with high-quality products. When you do business with Lenco, you can do it with confidence that your product was designed and engineered by professionals. Your special application is our specialty, so call Lenco today!
Payne® Magnetics, Inc.
Payne® Magnetics is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality electric transformers. We provide top of the line equipment for a range of industries, including medical equipment, commercial and military aircraft and other electronic products. Our commitment to quality and service is our number one priority. Contact us to today and let us meet all of your transformer requirements.
Images Provided by Johnson Electric Coil Company
Image Provided by Lenco Electronics, Inc.
Electric Transformer Terms
- A transformer that uses air to cool by use of fans or normal ventilation.
- A transformer with one winding per phase.
- Describes multiple single phase transformers connected together to provide power to a three phase load.
central part or inductor that enhances the power of the magnetic field.
- In a three phase connection the windings all connect to form a loop.
of time for a transformer to provide full rated power to the load. This
measurement greatly affects the actual size of the transformer.
Encapsulated - A dry transformer with an enclosed core and coil assembly.
amount of current a transformer draws at nominal voltage input in an
- A conductor that can handle thermal expansion and contraction as well as reduce noise.
the forces that resist the flow of current in AC circuits like resistance
or inductive or capacitive reactance.
- Kilovolt Ampere rating that is a measurement of the output of a transformer without exceeding a certain temperature.
- The quantity of
electric power supplied or necessitated at any particular spot in the
system. Also a requirement of the KVA or
VA from the transformer; light bulbs are loads.
- The direction of the current between two leads. If the directions are the same, the leads have the same polarity. In electric transformers the polarity is classified as either additive or subtractive.
divided by volt amps, KW divided by KVA - the leading and lagging
of voltage versus current caused by inductive or capacitive
loads. Harmonic power factor relates to nonlinear current.
- On the load or output side, the connected transformer winding.
- Pressure switch device that detaches the transformer from the line.
- The measurement of the amount of force on a unit charge because of the surrounding charges.
- The change, in percentages, of the output voltage from no load
to full load.