Images Provided by Johnson Electric Coil Company
Image Provided by Lenco Electronics, Inc.
Electric Transformer Terms
- A transformer that uses air to cool by use of fans or normal ventilation.
- A transformer with one winding per phase.
- Describes multiple single phase transformers connected together to provide power to a three phase load.
central part or inductor that enhances the power of the magnetic field.
- In a three phase connection the windings all connect to form a loop.
of time for a transformer to provide full rated power to the load. This
measurement greatly affects the actual size of the transformer.
Encapsulated - A dry transformer with an enclosed core and coil assembly.
amount of current a transformer draws at nominal voltage input in an
- A conductor that can handle thermal expansion and contraction as well as reduce noise.
the forces that resist the flow of current in AC circuits like resistance
or inductive or capacitive reactance.
- Kilovolt Ampere rating that is a measurement of the output of a transformer without exceeding a certain temperature.
- The quantity of
electric power supplied or necessitated at any particular spot in the
system. Also a requirement of the KVA or
VA from the transformer; light bulbs are loads.
- The direction of the current between two leads. If the directions are the same, the leads have the same polarity. In electric transformers the polarity is classified as either additive or subtractive.
divided by volt amps, KW divided by KVA - the leading and lagging
of voltage versus current caused by inductive or capacitive
loads. Harmonic power factor relates to nonlinear current.
- On the load or output side, the connected transformer winding.
- Pressure switch device that detaches the transformer from the line.
- The measurement of the amount of force on a unit charge because of the surrounding charges.
- The change, in percentages, of the output voltage from no load
to full load.