Modular workstations, also often referred to as cubicles, are work stations that can be adjusted and moved in various configurations in order to adapt to a specific workers' needs. They contain components that can be rearranged, such as modular shelves, drawers and cabinets. These components can be configured to the needs of different workers.
Modular workstations are beneficial because they are adaptable, have large work surfaces and wraparound comfort, and meet ergonomic requirements. Efficient modular workstations help to organize and utilize all items necessary to carry out specific job duties. They are used in many different industry areas in order to help increase workers' productivity. They can also be customized to fit particular environments. Customized modular workstations can help to optimize work areas, making sure all space and compartments are being used efficiently by workers. Modular workstations are particularly beneficial for applications and industries including: laboratory, for use in computer workstations for research applications; office, for use in designing cubicles for various departments; and industrial, for use in process control and factory automation applications.
Modular workstations fulfill the function of providing an area for which operators can perform work. Modular workstations are able to fulfill this function through providing a work surface and various attachments suited to the needs of the application. There are many types of modular workstations, both standard and custom made. Computer workstations, desks, command operation centers, work benches and industrial workstations are some of the most common modular workstations. They are used in almost every industry and by a variety of people including call center staff, factory workers, assembly line workers, air traffic controllers, office workers, clean room workers, and many more. The benefits of reducing worker injuries and stress outweigh the costs of modular workstations, making modular workstations a necessity in many areas. Some of the various components that are used in modular workstations and that allow them to be designed in so many types include shelving, hutches, file drawers, CPU cubbies, monitor shelves and keyboard drawers. In addition, various possible design styles of modular workstations include corner units, condensed units and U-shaped units.
Modular Workstations - Pro-Line
Modular Workstations - Workplace® Systems,
5 Advantages of Modular Office Workstations
No business enjoys having disorganized office environment. Over the past century, offices have become a major asset in attracting and retaining top employees and partners. Modular workstations and office furniture allow them to succeed a business in this very goal.
Typically, modular office systems are available in customizable options and are designed to meet the exact requirements of a business. The designers keep available office space in mind when designing and installing all components that comprise a workstation. From panels to cubicles, workstations, and space management accessories—everything is designed to ensure the convenience and comfort of the people who will utilize the areas.
If you are a forward-looking company, having branded, modular workstations in your office can be a positive move based on the following reasons.
- Increase team productivity. Office spaces that look well-managed ensure productivity and general comfort for employees. These spaces are composed based on the sciences of ergonomics and psychology. Modular workstations are designed in ways that influence an individual to work, while keeping away several factors that cause distraction.
- Exhibit your work culture. Modular furniture comes enclosed with superior styling elements. When you install it in your office, you get a chance to show up your work culture and standards to internal and external visitors. According to a number of entrepreneurs, unique office furniture combined with a pleasing office ambiance communicates a positive brand perception. It is an effective marketing strategy that can translate client meetings into years of business.
- Convey innovation. Although office furniture has been designed by an original manufacturer, once you install it in your own environment, it comes your asset to show case. The furniture displays your commitment to innovation and forward-thinking business principles.
- Save energy and resources. As said earlier, modular office furnishings are the outcome of focused design and manufacturing. They have been engineered in a way that helps reduce your energy bills.
- Avoid maintenance surcharges. Most renowned office furniture brands deploy first-rate material that comes with a promise of strength and stability. Branded modular office supplies do not need frequent and dedicated upkeep. These factors spare your company from unnecessary headaches and downtime.
- Ensure flexibility. Sometimes businesses need to expand their work space, and some other times, they have make shift in their seating arrangements in order to create more space in their office. These brilliantly-designed pieces of furniture come with customization option. Systems can be s up as per the available space in your cabins and work areas. Additionally, changing and customizing does not take much of your time.