Bulk Bag Equipment
Bulk bag equipment is a type of process equipment used to hold and transport bulk bags. Bulk bags are industrial fabric containers used to store and transport dry, flowable materials. Examples include plastic granules, grain, fertilizer, and sand.
Bulk bag handling is an important part of many applications, including some pneumatic conveying projects.
Quick links to Bulk Bag Equipment Information
Facilities Using Bulk Bag Equipment
- Commercial Agriculture
- Commercial Food Distribution
- Pharmaceutical Production
Types of Bulk Bag Equipment
- Bulk Bag Fillers
- Machines designed to fill and weigh your bulk bags. To encourage material compaction, manufacturers can equip your filling systems with vibratory bases. They can also install automatic bag removers for efficient flow, pallet dispensers, and conveyors.
- Bulk Bag Unloaders
- Also known as bulk bag dischargers, are used to send material from the bulk bag onto its next location. When used in conjunction with pneumatic conveyors, bulk bag unloaders are used to unload bulk material onto the conveyor. Usually, they discharge their load via a gate, rotary valve, or screw feeder. In addition, manufacturers may equip them with useful features, such as bag agitators, which loosen material, iris valves, hoists, trolleys, dust containment outlets, bag tying, and untying mechanisms, and more.
- Bulk Bag Conditioners
- Used to break up any bulk material that has become too compact during transport. They squeeze the material. They are popular because they are easy to use, work quickly, and require little energy output.
Customizations of Bulk Bag Equipment
For your convenience, bulk bag equipment manufacturers can customize your bulk bag equipment to work seamlessly with your pneumatic conveying system. Among other things, they can adjust the amount of weight the systems can bear and hoist, alter the heights they can hoist, and adjust the amount of material they can load and unload. To learn more about bulk bag handling equipment, reach out to one of many pneumatic conveying and bulk handling manufacturers we have listed on this page.