Bulk Bag Unloaders
Bulk bag unloaders, also known as bulk bag dischargers, provide efficient discharging of powders or other dry bulk materials from bags that were used to provide storage or easy transport for otherwise difficult-to-handle materials. Bulk bag unloaders are particularly useful in instances where the bags were taken from storage because materials may have become tightly packed over time and are much more difficult to unload manually.
Quick links to Bulk Bag Unloaders Information
Materials Used within Bulk Bag Unloaders
Bulk bags are frequently used for unloading materials such as:
- Soda Ash
- Magnesium Oxide
- Hydrated Lime
Applications of Bulk Bag Unloaders
Offer dust-free material handling due to their enclosed, tubular design.
Bulk bag unloaders can also be used with a wide range of bag sizes and styles, including:
At times, bulk bag unloaders may also be used for flexible containers.
Industries Using Bulk Bag Unloaders
As a cost-effective and safe means of unloading bulk bags, bulk bag unloaders are often used in industries such as:
- Food Processing
Design of Bulk Bag Unloaders
Bulk bag unloaders are typically a fairly simple construction to which many accessories may be added depending on the requirements of the application.
Bulk bag unloaders mainly consist of:
- A Frame
- A Hopper
- Bag Support
- Typically Suspension Loops
- Outlet Chute
Frame Configuration of Bulk Bag Unloaders
There are many different frame configurations for bulk bag unloaders, the most common of which include forklift-style and chain hoist-style.
- Fork Lift Style
- Have pockets that allow for a forklift to easily load bulk bags into the bulk bag unloader. This type of bulk bag unloader is generally shorter than a chain hoist-style bulk bag unloader because it eliminates the upper framework necessary to lift or position the bags.
- Chain Hoist Style
- Enables the loading of the bags without a forklift, integrating a pneumatic or electrically powered hoist that allows an operator to lift, position, and support the bag for loading.
- Crane Style
- A less common style of bulk bag unloader is crane-style. A crane-style bulk bag unloader uses a crane in much the same way that a forklift would be operated to load bulk bags.
- All styles of bulk bag unloaders allow for efficient material discharge for further processing or a longer-term mode of storage.
Keeping Food Clean with Bulk Bag Unloaders
Bulk bag unloaders have been used for many years as a way to unload large bags of bulk material quickly and efficiently. Many industries use these products, including mining, agriculture, and food manufacturing.
Today, some bulk bag unloader companies have created a new design for bag unloading specifically for the food and pharmaceutical processing and packaging industries. These unloaders comply with all international and domestic sanitary standards.
What this means is that unloading bulk materials are safer and cleaner than ever. This is done by leveraging integrated automation, which optimizes uptime availability in the food and pharmaceutical processing and packaging centers. These machines use system-wide processing control, communication, reporting, sensing, and monitoring, all on a touch screen computer. High-speed Ethernet connections allow instant connections with UL panels. This helps increase the efficiency of the unloader and prevent costly mistakes.
The combination of the new design with the high-tech computer enables factories to unload their bags in a sanitary environment without the risk of contamination. This helps reduce steps in the manufacturing process and can save the factory owner money and time.
Using this new form of bag unloader, it is possible for a food manufacturing center to streamline its manufacturing process and cut back significantly on costs. This is a benefit that most food and pharmaceutical companies cannot afford to ignore.