Alro Steel is a distributor of metals, industrial supplies, and engineering plastics. Founded in 1948, Alro Steel was incorporated in a small garage in Jackson, Michigan. The name "Al-Ro" was derived from the first two letters from brothers Al & Robert Glick. Al began the company during a steel shortage in the 1940's which was due to the military demands of World War II. Al found a niche matching up companies with steel needs to companies with excess steel. Today, Alro has grown to over 70 locations in 13 states. Alro processes and distributes metals, plastics and industrial supplies with next day delivery to over 50,000 customers in North America. Learn more at alro.com.